FISAN is to collaborate in the new “Gastroactitud” (Gastro-Attitude) Course and is offering you a € 35 SCHOLARSHIP
A new course is set to start on the upcoming 26th of September, the same developed by Gastroactitud with the collaboration of FISAN: IBÉRICO ACORN-FED HAM CULTURE: CUT, TASTING AND GASTRONOMY. This course offers a wide-ranging overview on the world of Ibérico products, with special attention being paid to Ibérico Acorn-Fed Ham. The origins of the Ibérico pig, its breeds, care and diet, how to recognize a good ham, the cut and its conservation, ham in traditional cooking and avant-garde cuisine…hence the idea is a vast program to which the student will have access (contents and videos) through a virtual classroom on Gastroactitud (Gastro-Attitude), which is intuitive and user-friendly. It represents the ideal setting for flexible monitoring in accordance to the availability of each individual and a meeting place between colleagues that will make the experience very enriching.
The foreseen contents are as follows:
MODULE 1. THE ORIGIN
• Brief introduction
• A Unique Breed in the World
• Acorn-Fed, Cebo de Campo (combination of feed and natural pastures) and Cebo (fed only grains and legumes): Indeed Diet is Important!!!
• The Denominations of Origin, an added guaranty
• Product + Diet + Breed = Transparent Labeling
MODULE 2. THE PRODUCT
• Producing Ibérico Acorn-Fed Ham: tradition, air and patience
• How to recognize a good Ibérico Ham?
• Sensorial evaluation of the quality of ham
MODULE 3. CUT AND TASTING
• An example of a tasting note
• The parts of an Ibérico Acorn-Fed Ham
• Annotations about the cut of an Ibérico Acorn-Fed Ham
• How to store an Ibérico Acorn-Fed Ham at home
MODULE 4. GASTRONOMY
• Ibérico Ham in the diet: nutritional values of ham
• Ibérico Acorn-Fed Ham and the fifth taste (Harmonies by Umami)
• Classic pairing, current combinations
• Ibérico Acorn-Fed Ham in avant-garde cuisine and traditional cooking:
• 1. The whole ham and caboodle (use of the bone)
• 2. Do not throw anything away (use of the golden flat and remnants)
• 3. A unique product: the fat of the Ibérico Acorn-Fed Ham
• 4. The Ibérico Acorn-Fed Ham, in the traditional kitchen the ham is also King
• 5. Ibérico Acorn-Fed Ham and Haute Cuisine
The on-line course is complemented with a face-to-face Master Class imparted by José Carlos Capel and a FISAN Master Ham Cutter, at no additional cost and to which all enrolled students who so wish may attend. If you are interested in the course, FISAN offers a € 35 scholarship so that you can take it. With the totality of the course, including the Master Class standing at only € 30. Get your information now at Gastroactitud! Enrolment is now open!